Monday, December 15, 2008

I have Christmas fever...but don't worry, I'm not contagious.

As I write, I can't help but realize 2 things. One, I have waaaaay to much to do to be sitting here typing away on my little ol' blog and B, my house looks like the Christmas fairy had a little too much nog and threw up all over my house. I have stuff everywhere! Boxes, random gifts, baking paraphernalia, glass jars (I am so pumped about my newest little crafy Christmas idea but I can't show you until next week because it might ruin the euphoric squeels that will happen when my giftees see their glorious homemade gift by yours truly), fake snow, ribbon, sacks, etc. are taking over our little house. HELP ME!!! I have to pull myself together and get to crack-a-lackin' on some wrapping & baking before I am swallowed in a sea of Christmas!
On another note, at E's school, we went to visit the Jolly One himself in person. I have to tell you, I think the one that was at said function was the real one. Seriously, take a looksie below and tell me what you think. Here is how the encounter with the Big "S" went down...
E. was off running around like a 6-year-old that had just eaten an entire gingerbread house, and couldn't care less about Santa, C. was terrified until he began reading "'Twas the Night Before Christmas". As he began to read, she crept closer and closer until she was practically in his lap. Okay, I am thinking, "Yes! I will actually get a picture with all three kids and SANTA!!! It truly is a Christmas miracle!!!". Well, what do you think happened? All three kids went up to the big guy, but C. would have none of it. Yes, she was within 1/2 inch of him 2 minutes earlier, but she wasn't going to get near that man unless he was made out of chocolate. W. and E. had no problem hopping up there...well...let me re-phrase that...W. had no problem hopping up there, but E. thought it was LAME, but did it to quiet his mother's desperate pleas to have at least one picture with Santa before he graduated from college. Anywho, here is the evidence that it actually happened...

Doesn't E. looked thrilled!

Don't worry, he is just getting a lump of coal this year...just kidding y'all. Have a merry week before Christmas! Remember, with enough caffeine and a few choice meds, we can all have a glorious Christmas!

4 brilliant things my peeps said about this:

Debbie said...

Oh those Santa pictures - you gotta love them! Wonder how many sales are because we "love" the picture and how many are because we are not leaving until we have one?? I have seen some pretty funny ones - you did get a sweet one and no one is crying.

Shell in your Pocket said...

You crack me up...love the picture!
-sandy toes

p.s. yes, if it weren't for Starbucks I would be a "mess"... hee hee

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

That smile on E - hi-lar-i-ous!

You've got email...where is my Christmas card??

Jenni said...

Hi there~
I love your posts so much! I love your posts so much! You're so funny! Okay, and I think that Christmas fairy who had too much nog has been here too! I am SO glad that I am not the only one with boxes, gifts, and so forth! I feel much better now, knowing I am not the only one!

I hope you have a good night and a wonderful week! :) Take care! :)