It's official, I've been tagged! No, not by some animal rights group, but by my dear friend at http://southernsassiness.blogspot.com , JL. A week ago, I wouldn't have known what "tagging" was, but my friend has opened my eyes to the real world of blogging, and I am so excited. I have had entries for a while, but really didn't get what blogging was all about. Now, I am totally hooked! Well, here are some random facts. Mind you, I am not a very exciting person, so try not to fall asleep (I have a great story later on that you won't want to miss).
- I am obsessed with decorating magazines. Seriously, like with candy corns, it is an addiction.
- I had a job offer working for the Cowboys when I was trying desperately to get out of college. I decided to become a teacher and accept a lucrative contract there instead.
- I can do the Moonwalk and the Worm (although NO ONE will ever see me do it). I am dying to lose weight so that I can force my husband to take dance lessons with me. No, not tap or ballet, but salsa, ballroom and/or swing. There is just too much to jiggle around as of this moment.
- I LOVE to bake, but don't really like to cook.
- I can wiggle my ears.
- I use to work in a mental health hospital. I got a mean uppercut in the chin my very first week by a senior citizen when I was trying to empty his catheter.
- At one time, I worked 2 jobs and went to school full time. It took me 7 1/2 years to get my degree. Let me clarify. 7 1/2 years to get my Bachelor's degree, not a PhD!
Now, here are the 7 people I have tagged. Their websites are amazing and I am sure that they have all been tagged at least 764 times, but I don't personally know many bloggers (yet). Please check out their websites and leave them a little note that you were there. Thanks!
- http://thebigmamablog.com/ (This gal is freakin' hilarious!)
- http://susieharris.blogspot.com/ (One of my decorating heroes!)
- http://mindyourmanorsplease.blogspot.com/ (Great decorating ideas!)
- http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/ (Again, decor galore!!!)
- http://theinspiredroom.net/ (Amazing! Be sure to look at "Porches on Parade")
- http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ (Great Tablescapes!)
- and last but certainly not least... http://gracioussouthernliving.blogspot.com/ (One of my favorite Southern gals with great taste!)
Okay, now back to my favorite thing...decorating! Actually, sleeping is my favorite thing, but I can't do that and type at the same time and talk about boring! Anywho, in my picture of my pumpkin topiary on the front porch that I did a week ago, I realized that my pumpkins looked naked in the picture. I then realized that the berries had fallen.
Here is what it REALLY looks like.
Okay y'all, look at this pitiful thing. Yes, Big Ma' here broke the porch swing yesterday. Talk about embarrassing! In my defense, we really don't know the age of the chain, and we had been swinging on in all weekend (my littlest baby was really sick and the only thing that would soothe him was swinging, therefore, we swung for HOURS each day).
I do have to say that in the midst of this mess, the Lord protected us. My little one was actually sitting on my left side (the side that broke) only minutes before "the swing incident". Right before it happened, I really felt like I needed to put him on my lap. Now, mind you, he was perfectly content and not screaming at the moment, and I was almost afraid to move him for fear that we would begin the blood-curdling screamfest all over again, but I just had to. Well, thank you Jesus, is all I have to say, because if I hadn't moved him, he would have not only fallen to the cement, but Big Ma' would have flattened him like a pancake with her big ol' ba-donk-a-donk!
Okay y'all, here is history in the making!!! Yes, it is a hairband, and it is in C's hair. Wait, better yet, she kept it in the whole time at church! I had to get it on film. It is about as miraculous as the parting of the Red Sea. Oh, by the way, this is C's newest smile. Lovely isn't it. Notice the squint of the eyes. Perfect for photos, right? Oh well she is still darn cute. Between E's big cheesy grin & C's little squinty-eyed thingy that she is doing, won't the Christmas cards be wonderful!