Oh, glorious candy corn
You are a delectible treat,
I am in pure ecstacy
Everytime we meet.
Your tricolored splendor
Knows no end
And I get carried away
And the nausea begins.
Oh candy corn, 'tis worth it all the suffering
For your utmost sweetness,
I long for you to fill my mouth with sweet,
And my knees with weakness.
Until we have our next encounter, my love,
I anticipate our meeting
For as sure as the sun sets in the west,
I will be yearning for your eating.
Okay folks, seriously, I have an addiction. I can't even keep them in my house. There is something about fall and candy corns that just makes me giddy! Speaking of fall, my "Sassy" friend had a list on her blog that had 20 Autumn Treasures (she took it from The Inspired Room - I have to give props) and I thought to myself, "Self, that is a great idea!" I need a little time to reflect on my blessings. I am not one of those people that throws a pity party when I get down in the dumps, but I do tend to forget how much the Lord has blessed me with and forget what I DO have. So...here is my "thankful list".
- My wonderful husband who loves me despite my penchant for sweets and the few (well...a little more than a few) pounds that I have developed because of it.
- My precious babies. They are the light of my life and they are perfectly healthy. My cup runneth over!
- My wonderful country. I can praise and worship my Lord without fear and have the freedoms that many will, and do, die for.
- My family. Father, mother, sister, and all others. I am so grateful that they give me unconditional love.
- My church.
- Our beautiful earth. What a glorious and thoughtful creation in perfect order!
- The fall leaves on our red oak tree (and all others). Just breathtaking!
- Football games. I know, I am crazy, but there is something about fall and football games.
- Cozy blankets to curl up in on the couch.
- No more reruns!
- The crisp cool air (well, it will get here to Texas in about November..hurry!!!).
- Honeybaked Ham. No Thanksgiving is complete without it. (Sorry Butterball!)
- Christmas decorations going up (ohhhh, I can't wait!!! Get ready to go back up to the attic, honey!)
- Swinging on the front porch. I love the way it creaks back and forth.
- Playing outside at any time of the day
- Layering. Seriously, I need to cover up this body as much as possible. Yeah fleece!
- Rosy cheeks on my babies
- Baking. Fall baking is the best!
- The smell of spices (when baking)
- Pumpkin ice cream!