Friday, October 24, 2008

My fabulous life...you will be so jealous (if you have no life)



My dearest friend Jerri Lynn at http://southernsassiness.blogspot.com/ tagged me with this fun little nugget and I know that my adoring fans are breathless with anticipation to know what my fabulous life is like. Well, I will try to bring it down a notch so that all of you mere mortals will be able to grasp it...
A day in the life...

7:15 - 7:30: Roll my petite little derrier out of bed when I hear my youngest crying (because the poop fairy visits every night) and my darling daughter is yelling at him, "No! Stop!". They share a room...isn't that brilliant?.

7:30: Immediately begin with breakfast while they scream that they are STARVING...mind you, starving in my home means you haven't eaten within the past hour, so can you imagine after 10 hours of sleep? It is the perfect way to begin the morning...

8:00-ish: Clean half of their breakfast off of the floor (because they were all raised by a pack of wild dogs and don't know how to keep food on an actual table, much less a plate), and wash the dishes from breakfast.....and dinner the night before....don't judge me!

C. goes to Mother's Day Out (or as I like to call it, Mommy's mini-vacation) on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so at this point we are throwing on clothes, licking down cowlicks and packing something nutritious for her lunch (you know, like a snicker bar, can of coke and some pork rinds...just kidding). Then I do my hour of yoga....HA HA HA HA HA...oh, I can't stop laughing!!!!! Seriously, I get her to school at 9:00, go home and do some hard core homeschooling (we have to get in the majority of it when she is gone) until noon. We do take a 30 minute break and go play when E. gets antsy. W. plays in our "classroom" with his toys & I try to entertain him when E. is doing independent study. At noon, we eat lunch and then either go run errands, or just hang out until we pick up C. at 2:00 (then we do naps, play, dinner, baths & bed).

Monday is homeschooling until about 11:00, then we all get ready and go to Spanish class from 12 - 1, come home, eat lunch and then C. & W. take naps from 1 - 3 or 4. E. and I do a little more school work, then I let him have free time.
Wednesday is Field Trip/Project Day, so we wing it. We do one or the other, and somewhere in the day, we eat and the kids nap.
Friday is E.'s homeschool co-op, so we get up, get dressed, have Bible Study, get there a little early so he can hang out with the other kids and play Bionicles, and has his Critical Thinking class from 11 - 12. I do my service hour in the playroom and keep the under control (which means chat with the other moms and make sure the kids don't mame each other). If we are bringing E.'s friend home to play at our house, we go and stop by Mc Donalds, grab lunch, then go home and put the little ones down for naps, or E. goes to his friend's house and I go home, feed the babies, put them down and then have an ice cold beer. Just kidding about that one, I need something a little stronger than that by Friday afternoon. Am I kidding? What do you think? HMMMMM.....

Our evenings aren't too bad:
On Monday, we just hang out as a family, on Tuesday we have a Bible Study so I give the kids a big snack, pack up dinner, take them to the sitter and enjoy a peaceful evening with adult conversation. We pack the kids back up at 9-ish, and put them to bed when we get home (they get their jammies on at the sitters). On Wednesday, I cram dinner down my E.'s throat, and drive him to Awanas at 6:00. I either run errands and the hubby tends to the other 2 (this is awesome by the way!!!) until I pick up E. at 8:00 (the kids are already in fed, bathed & in bed) or I just come back home and help Pa' with the evening routine. On Thursdays, my hubby has softball (watch the Sports Center highlights... they are the opposite of what you will see on there...no offense guys), so I am on my own with all 3. Curse you Thursdays!!! Fridays are usually family time, or I go scrapbooking. Well, let me make a little disclaimer: I "plan" to go scrapbooking every-now-and-then, but it actually only happens once every 6 months, so it usually ends up being family time with a night out to eat (or bringing food home to avoid complete meltdown...from me that is).

Now, whom do I tag? (Okay y'all, my blogging addiction is fairly new, so bear with me if you get tagged by me more than once...I don't have a ton of followers or people that I follow yet, and I am still learning the whole blogging protocol.)

Big Mama at http://thebigmamablog.com/. She is sure to have you rolling on the floor...

Joy at http://joysofhome.blogspot.com/. I think I just "awarded" her the other day, but she has finished some amazing projects and I just want y'all to look...

Tracey at http://polkadotpicketfence.blogspot.com/. She is a sweet fellow Texas who stopped by my blog the other day and she is a trip. Look at her pic and tell me if you REALLY think she is 38. No way! She has a really cute blog on top of being flippin' adorable...

JL passed this my direction too...I am doubly blessed...thanks girl!


I pass this on to....


My sis, at http://jillmoffitt.blogspot.com/ (keep it clean Jilly Bean...love ya')

Sandy Toes at http://shellinyourpocket.blogspot.com/

and...

Baby Mama (I love her name!) at http://ofloveandababy.blogspot.com/
Oh yeah, one more...
Nessa at http://nessatxmom.blogspot.com/ (I love my Texans y'all!)
Here are the rules:
1. You may choose five people/blogs to give the award to.
2. Four have to be dedicated followers of your blog.
3. One has to be a new follower of your blog or live in another part of the world.
Have a fantabulous weekend y'all & come back again! Anytime, seriously ANYTIME! I am needy like that!

7 brilliant things my peeps said about this:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Thank you very much! What a fun day in your life...you are busy.I remember "mothers day out"...so fun! What a scedule...I was tired after 11!
-Sandy Toes

Jenni said...

Hi there! Congratulations on your award and tag! :) You are one busy girl! I didn't know you homeschooled. :) One of my close friends just started it a year ago through the district homeschool center, and her daughter loves it! :)

Thank you also for the award! You are so sweet! :) I hope that you are having a really relaxing weekend to kind of make up for your hectic week!

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

That is such a cute daily journal! you have such a great sense of humor, something we all need! lol , thanks for sharing!!

Tracey said...

I loveee new friends!!! I will have to put some serious thought to the "day in the life of" journal....I am not sure the world is ready for one of my days!! BTW..Yes I was 8 when I started having children..NOT!!!!! The two oldest children were acquired (the icing on the cake) when I married the Hubs! and my baby is 15!
Hugs!
Tracey
polkadotsandpicketfences.com

edie said...

Found your blog from ShellinYourPocket. We have a lot in common-southern, homeschoolers, sweet tea! I enjoyed reading about your day!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Well, well, don't you lead the pampered life!!! Ha! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Tracey said...

I did it! And wow what a day it was! Quite a doooozie!

Goooo read!

Hugs!
Tracey
polkadotsandpicketfences.com