Monday, October 13, 2008

Tutus and Pumpkins

Tutu Cute for Words!


I decided that I would create my own tutu for C. this year. We aren't big Halloweeners (or Halloweiners...whichever you prefer), but I do like for them to dress up and get candy. C. is going to just be a Fall princess/fairy/girl... whatever she deems herself to be. This is a preview of the tutu & how it all came together...



First, the green...



Then the purple...



Then the black...


I just tied each piece around the elastic waistband, then added a double-faced satin ribbon on the back. I am taking orders!!! =)



I had to bribe her (yes, I have to bribe sometimes...don't think less of me) to get the tutu on, then after I put it on her, she wouldn't take it off. Imagine that! Oh, the will of a 2-year-old!


The Arboretum

My Mom & Dad gave us Arboretum passes for the year for Christmas and I highly recommend doing the same for your family. We all get in, the entire year for free. Free y'all!! Even the parking is ....free!!! My favorite word!!!


Y'all the Arboretum is gorgeous this time of year. They had thousands of pumpkins, amazing flowers, a hay maze & a petting zoo. Mondays are Mommy & Me days where they have face-painting and other crafts for the kiddos. We had no idea that everyone else in Texas would be there for Columbus Day. My hubby had the day off, so we decided to use our passes for the first time. Although it was insanely crowded, I had plenty of good pictures at the end of the day (I mean, isn't that the whole reason you go anyway??? Hello!!!). Here are some of my faves...



W. loved the pumpkins! He had the best time of all...



Here are my boys. Aren't they precious!



W. at the petting zoo. He loves animals!



Picture perfect moment



Our little pumpkin





C. in the "tiny tiny" house



Look at all of the amazing pumpkins & gourds









5 brilliant things my peeps said about this:

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

Love the pics, Jen! Looks like ya'll had a blast!

And I will take a tutu, too....would you PLEASE make me one?

duchess said...

Beautiful pictures & I love the tutu.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Jen! Thank you for stopping by, it's so nice to meet you. Looks like we hang with a lot of the same people. I hope you'll come back often. I think this is the first time I've been by here to see you.

Rhoda

Shell in your Pocket said...

That tutu is just so sweet! I love it...the bow is just adorable!!!

Great pictures!
-Sandy Toes

Jenni said...

Those are such great pictures! Love how you put some of them in black and white! It looks like a wonderful place to go!

I also LOVE the tutu! It is so beautiful, and it looks precious on your daughter! :)