Friday, October 10, 2008

Swing music, wine & food...yeah, baby!

A few of my girlfriends and I went to the Arboretum to hear a great swing band last night (Tuxedo Junction). The male singer sounded like Michael Buble's brother (he was phenomenal) and the fact that he busted out a little Harry Connick, Jr. was even better. I love me some Harry Connick, Jr. Not necessarily the man, although from everything that I have heard on Access Hollywood, or seen in People (my go-to, hard-hitting news shows), he seems like a nice enough guy, but the voice is what I am refering too. I have an affection for his music since high school. When everyone else was jammin' to Tone Loc, the B-52s, or Paula Abdul (before she went crazy...by the way, did I just date myself or what?) I was swaying and toe-tapping to Harry. When Harry Met Sally (which is still one of my favorite movies) came out, I immediately snatched up the cassette (for those of you who don't know what a cassette is, get off my blog & go watch High School Musical 3) and listened to it until my ears bled. There is something about that old big band music and a mellow voice singing about love that beats out any song about drinkin', cheatin' and poppin' a cap in someone's derrier, or is it just me? Here are a few pics:

Our spread...delish!




The singer...he was fantastic!

Halloween treats for my sweets!



You've got mail!!

The kiddo's Grammy sent them this for Halloween. We don't do scary Halloween, so these little outfits were perfect. C. is getting a Halloween tutu ( I will post this later & let you know how it turned out) and big ol' bow in her hair with her outfit. We have no idea what E. will be, and W. will wear his I love my mummy" shirt for the big day.


0 brilliant things my peeps said about this: