Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What homemade gifts did you make for Christmas in years past?

Over at one of my new faves, Tip Junkie (http://tipjunkie.blogspot.com/), they posed the question as to what are some of your favorite Christmas gifts that you have made or have received? You have seen my previous post with the clipboards, and I have others, but I can't share just yet...

I don't have many other ideas from PAST Christmases because I haven't been too crafty in years past, or I didn't take a picture of it, or it turned out to be a big hot mess... Those are for another blog & another time...YIKES!

Anywho, I would love to hear about your favorite concoctions. I am always up for a crafty idea! I think we all could this year to save a little moolah...

Speaking of baking (well, that was a couple of paragraphs ago...), check these out.

I made these for C.'s class at Mother's Day Out this year.

Nothing like a little pre-trick-or-treating sugar! No need to thank me parents...

5 brilliant things my peeps said about this:

Stef said...

Love the cookies!

Tracey said...

I love hand made Christmas gifts...i just love that the spell checker just MADE me capitalize Christmas!!!...Yay for Jesus' Birthday!!....sorry chasing bunnies...back on subject....My successful gift (and yes I do have to differentiate between successful home made gifts and the "big hot mess" ones that I unfortunately have experienced also) were the layered cookie dough mix in a jar with the little gingerbread cookie cutter and cute recipe card/instructions tied around the top with a little raffia! Everyone loved those and they looked fabulous!!

PS...go check the left sidebar on my new layout....
Hugs!
Tracey
polkadotsandpicketfences.com

Jenni said...

Hi there!
The cookies are so cute! :)
About gifts, one year my husband and I save money by getting creative by...painting ceramic ornaments from Michaels, then sealing them with glaze. We also painted a Christmas house for each of our moms. They were so neat, I wish I had one! I have also made glycerin soaps (last year), which everyone liked.
I really need to check out your Etsy site; you are have so much creative talent! :)

Jill Moffitt said...

I had an awesome sister make me a Milli Vanilli wig and a NKOTB shirt once.

But, I once made a flippin' sweet sock reindeer with paper antlers stapled to the top.

Tracey said...

etsy shop? how cool....link on your page please??