Friday, October 17, 2008

The object of my desire...

...you will be mine...
Okay y'all. I have a problem. I love zebra print. Actually, I love animal print. I am not obesessive about it, and my house doesn't look like an homage to an African safari or anything, but I just think that it is fun and sassy. GRRRR! Anywho, my problem is that my dear hubby (who won't admit that he likes HGTV, has just about the best eye for color and design than anyone I know, can arrange a room like nobody's business & has fantastic taste which irritates me because, as a man, and more specifically, as my husband, he shouldn't have any say in the decor of our home...much less the strong opinion that he thinks he has a right to...the nerve!!!) doesn't like it so much. Well, I'll show him! Here is what I have concocted to deviate from the animal print ban (well, not necessarily a ban, but a strong avoidance of) in our home. A HA! (Menacing music in the background)...


I decided to recover the mats on a couple of my favorite family pictures...when we were just a mere family of three.

This is how they began their journey.


I never was in love with them, but they worked at the time.




This was the carnage that awaited me as I began to dissect the poor thing.





Behold, glorious zebra print!


How I have longed for thee...Better, isn't it? I am thinking about taking the middle mat (the plain coffee colored one) and using either scrapbook paper, or a different fabric to add some aqua to match my bedroom.
Whatcha think?



Okay, do you see something wrong with this picture? Yes, I matted them with the fabric going in different directions. Well, I could lie to you and say that it was all in my master plan, but the truth is, I did it at midnight and I was just plain tired. I can either just hang them as is, or rotate the fabric. I will probably just deal with it. Maybe noone will notice...EXCEPT MY HUSBAND!!! Oh yeah, he will ladies. He is the one who walks into a room and within a nanosecond notices a new candleholder on the mantle, or a new picture frame. He also notices when a picture is a millimeter off-centered. Frightening, isn't it? Yes, it scares me too. Hey, maybe if I get that zebra print chair, he will never notice the pictures....HMM...I'll keep you posted....



6 brilliant things my peeps said about this:

Judy said...

Good morning! Just wanted to let you know I'm not sure where Linda got her bench in her foyer. She went to the beach recently and picked up some things at places there and she also goes to Market in Atlanta....I can't always ask her where she gets stuff cause she has to have some secrets! (ha)

If I find out, I'll let you know.

Judy

Jill Moffitt said...

Holy jeez ...
Were you looking on Overstock.com last night?
I SERIOUSLY saw that chair yesterday on there and thought about sending it to you. Heck, I thought about getting it for myself. CRAZINESS.
We must be on the same wavelength!

So ... you getting the chair? I think it's divine.

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

Love the chair, love the frames! Great job, girl - they are fabulous!

Jenni said...

I think the frames look great! You did a fantastic job on them, and I think it looks good that the stripes are going in different directions! Very cute! :) I also love the idea to add different paper to the frame you want to coordinate with your bedroom! :) (I really need to do something about the frames in our house!)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

I adore them, and they look great even if they go in different directions too! your story about hubby was too funny!! and btw, I adore that chair. Im also a lover of animal prints, but in very little doses, I adore leopard pillows, thats another way to get small doses! Thanks for your comments on my hutch too! ~ Cynthia ~

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new mat and who cares if the patterns are going opposite ways :)