Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You like me... you really like me!


Yes, it is true, I actually won something. Well, I don't know if I truly "won" it, but Jenni over at Nest to Keep (http://www.nesttokeep.com/) passed this award on to me. I feel so giddy! Am I a total blogging nerd to feel that way? Well, if I am I DON'T CARE! So, thanks Jenni! I will, in turn, pass it on to 6 crafty little ladies whom I love to follow...

The rules are to pass this on to six other great crafting (some of mine are decorating) bloggers (please stop by and give them a little 'ello), and to list six things that make me happy! Well...here goes!
  1. Joy at Joys of Home http://joysofhome.blogspot.com/ is wonderful! Her fall decor is simply magical!

  2. Amy at Winterberry Creek http://winterberrycreek.blogspot.com/ has amazing recipes and be sure to check out her flower pumpkin. It is precious ( I will have to steal that one!).

  3. Rachel at Made with Love and Glue http://eoberrys.blogspot.com/ is an A-MAZ-ING photographer (check out the pic for her son's birth announcement...baby in a pumpkin...what more can I say) & has fab taste!

  4. Over at the Hostess with the Mostest http://www.hostessblog.com/ you can always find fun ideas to steal...um, borrow.

  5. Carol at Raised in Cotton http://raisedincotton.typepad.com/raised_in_cotton/ is the uber-decorator. She has shabby chic down to a science! The fall decor on her site will have you weak in the knees...

  6. Last but not least is Shabby Mama at http://shabbymama.blogspot.com/. She is a new addition to my blog list and I think she is fantabulous (it is a word, look it up...nevermind, I lied). Her blog is fun and has a little bit of everything.
Okay y'all, here is my happy list...
  1. That the good Lord continues to keep me fed, warm and forgiven. A big shout out to you big J.C.!
  2. When my son, E., tells me I am the best mommy in the world. His heart is bigger than Texas!

  3. My precious babies and how the love one another. They are always hugging and looking after each other. I pray that they continue that for the rest of their lives.

  4. When the kids are in bed and I can sit quietly with a good decorating magazine and a cup of Signature hot chocolate from Starbucks (it is freakin' ridiculously amazing!!!). I know, it isn't a warm and fuzzy like 1 through 3, but if you have 3 small children and are still able to pick yourself up off the floor, get out the door and go in, or at least, drive through Starbucks, have enough energy in your fingers to turn the pages of a magazine, and actually pull the cup to your lips, then you know how happy even the thought of the moment can make me. Can I get an "Amen"!

  5. A clean house. Again, no warm fuzzies...well, for me their are, but maybe not you. A clean house puts me in a good mood, no matter how crazy my day is. On the flip side, a messy house can suck every bit of glee out of me. Am I the only one who has this syndrome? Help...I need a housekeeper...STAT!
Lastly, I would again like to thank the academy for the honor of this award....oh, sorry, wrong acceptance speech.
Now, go hire a maid for the afternoon, sit with a good cup of coffee/hot chocolate/tea/Jack Daniels (whatever toots your horn), grab a good mag and have a wonderful and happy day.

5 brilliant things my peeps said about this:

Amy said...

Ahhh.. you are just too sweet. I loved your "happy" list. Isn't it amazing but it is really the small things in life that matter and make us happy. Thank you so much for passing the award on to me today. I am so touched that you would think of me. Totally made my day! Amy :)

Jenni said...

Your list was so much fun to read! And no, you are not the only one who loves a clean house/feels unhappy when it's not! I'm just the same about it! :) I sure do love your blog, girl! :)It's impossible to be anything but joyful when I read it!

Is there a particular way I need to place the two tutu orders/pay for them, perhaps through Etsy? For some reason, I think you said you had an Etsy site...

Have a beautiful day! :)

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

Great list...great award! Congrats, friend!

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

By the way, can't wait to get my tutu! (email me!)

Amber M. said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting...it was so nice to meet you!