Friday, October 24, 2008

No quirky title, this is just about random stuff...

Okay y'all, which looks better...where does the little birdy need to nest? Here...

Or here?

Random pumpkin...I cut out a stencil for this one and painted it black. Quite messy, a little annoying, but it turned out okay. I think it needs a big fat mess of ribbon on top. Yeah...it needs a bow. Well, doesn't everything really need a bow?

I thought I would get smart and print C's initial on paper, cut it out and paste it on instead of cutting it out and then painting it. I am not a surgeon, as you can plainly see, so there is a little outline. It sure was quicker than the one above though. Still, I filled the white in with a little black sharpie (shhhh, don't tell) and it looks better. It is out on my porch now and I am too lazy to go take a picture, download it and post it. Well, it IS 1:34 AM, so that doesn't really classify as lazy, does it?


These are a few new pumpkins that I salivated over until they went on sale. GO ME! The picture doesn't do them justice. They are gorgeous in person (or in pumpkin, I guess you would say...sorry, I am sleepy).

More tutus!!! This one is for my friend's little girl "K". Just a pile of tulle and ribbon now, but...


SHAZAM!!! Here is the finished product. There are 2 shades of pink and cream. I'll post pics later of K. and her tutu. She is a doll!


7 brilliant things my peeps said about this:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Okay...I really love it all..I love the pumpkin with the "C" so cute!!! What a sweet tutu!!
Happy Friday!
-Sandy Toes

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

YAY!!! I LOVE K's new tutu - she is going to look so cute in it!!!!

Love the pumpkins, too. You did a great job on those and I think the bird needs to sit on the door arrangement.

Have a nice weekend girl!

Tracey said...

I just found your blog (thru Nester-followers) and I think you are one stinkin fun Texas Mom!! I feel like I know you already!

-i like birdie in option 2
-love the pumpkins
-i made "no sew" tutu's for my 15 year old!! Yes...when they are in jr high they want to seem older and when they are in high school they revert back to kindergarten!! haha

Yay! I love to find new blogs!
Hugs,
Tracey
polkadotsandpicketfences.com

Jenni said...

The pink tutu is amazing! And such a gorgeous pink ribbon, too! :) I love the pumpkins, too! I think they turned out great...and my vote is that the bird would look best on the door! I love what you did with that arrangement! :)

Have yourself a beautiful weekend! :)

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

Hey! You've got something from me at my blog....

RosyRose said...

Hey I found your site tonight...
Really enjoyed your inspirations!
I also enjoyed your links to other decorators! I'll be back to visit:)

Anonymous said...

I saw those cute little colored pumpkins and wanted to tell you to stop by my blog and check out the leopard and zebra pumpkins I have!Here is the link for that specific post! http://mx2mommy.typepad.com/object_of_mayaffection/2008/09/fall-and-flea.html
Janae